CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Waitin' On A Baby

This topic is such an exciting one for me and my husband:) Now, it's not quite what you think. I love babies. And I mean LOVE. I have been babysitting since I was super young, worked with the toddler rooms at my church, and am basically addicted to all my cousin's babies! There is just something special about their little lives:)

Kevin and I are pretty young, 21 and 22. We are both also in school working on our bachelors degrees. And as of right now we aren't 'financially stable' to be able to bring a baby into the world. However, all of these reasons still don't stop me from daydreaming about what our little Nice Baby will be like, what they will look like and when they will get here!

Kevin and I are both really realistic people, which means that when we do decide to start trying for a baby we want to have several goals already accomplished in our life. We want to have our own home, be financially stable, and one of the most important things to me is to have had some husband/wife time!

Once a baby comes into your family there is no going back! And believe me you, I can.not.wait for that time to come! However, I have always said this in my relationship with Kevin, and he totally agrees that we want several years just to ourselves! We want to be able to focus on each other and get some quality time with each other, which I think is a really important factor in our marriage. I want to be able to look back at our lives and talk about all the fun memories that he and I had at the beginning of our marriage:)

So far, so good:) We have been married for 7 months yesterday! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Seriously! 7 whole months!! So even though I get impatient about wanting a baby now, and wanting to start planning out our nursery, and picking color schemes, and baby names (we actually have several already picked out, ha!) I know that it is really best that we take this time to ourselves. It is really the only time in our lives that we have to be truly selfish!!

So, in the meantime I don't mind pinning a few fun pictures of what and how I think our Nice Baby will be dressed/photographed/announced!










I just can't help it sometimes! It doesn't hurt to dream!!


Jackie Nice

2 comments:

  1. It's so fun to dream about that time isn't it?! We cannot wait for that wonderful day. We're ready but at the same time, we're happy it hasn't happened yet. But for real, we can't wait to be parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my goal for this year...to enjoy time with my husband because after a baby there's no going back! It is fun to dream, though :D
    (We have names picked too, haha!)

    ReplyDelete