CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 20, 2012

The Nice Kitchen Recipes: Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos

Alright, so I know that I just posted a really delicious recipe that I had tried at my house the other day! But this next one is going to blow.your.mind. Seriously! I don't know about you, but I really do love me some Mexican food. Like LOVE it. So, in our families quest for being healthy I have been trying so many low fat recipes!

This one is going to be your new fav! And best of all, its really not all that complicated! Which to me is really important. You can actually make these bad boys and stick them in the freezer, and then just bake them in the over for a super quick and easy and HEALTHY dinner meal! Perfect right??

So here it is!

Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos


3 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup green salsa
1 TBSP fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder (I actually omitted this, because I do.not.like onion powder)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 TBSP chopped cilantro (I also used parsley instead)
2 TBSP chopped green onions
2 cups shredded chicken breasts
1 cup shredded Mexican flavored cheese
12 small flour tortillas (I used medium ones and actually cut them in half)
cooking spray

**Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.

**In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, ground cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic. Once combined stir in the cilantro (or parsley) and green onions. Add the chicken and cheese and mix thoroughly.

**You can prep the mixture and put it in the refrigerator at this point.
**Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the lower third of a tortilla. Roll as tight as possible.

**Placed the rolled tortilla seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas until the mixture is gone. Make sure the taquitos are not touching each other. Spray the tops lightly with cooking spray.

**Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and golden.

**Serve with some red salsa on the side! Yummy!!

**To freeze, before baking flash freeze the taquitos in a single layer on a baking sheet and then place them in a freezer bag for up to 3 months! To bake, no need to thaw, just preheat oven and place them on a cookie sheet and place them in the oven for 20 minutes.

**calories for 2 taquito halves: 215

Source: Adapted from Our Best Bites.

Hope you all try this and enjoy this recipe! It really is as good as it sounds!

Jackie Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment